SHARE YOUR SOCIAL INNOVATION. GET FUNDED. MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
Are you a social entrepreneur who is working to improve the lives of communities and create impact for future generations in a big way? Are you using digital tools and technology to scale and grow your impact? Do you have an innovative initiative that can change the world and the passion and the drive to create this change? Let’s make it happen together!
The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition awards 2 winners a cash prize of $20,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from Tigo and our non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative into a sustainable enterprise. We encourage social entrepreneurs with digital innovations in education, digital inclusion and business entrepreneurship to apply.
The use of digital technological solutions can be demonstrated in one or more of the following ways:
We especially look for social enterprises that:
- Have a working prototype in place. By this we mean the technical core functionalities of the product have been developed with main features already functional. Going live will be possible within 6 months.
- Fit into either one of the following themes: Digital Inclusion, Education and Business Entrepreneurship:
Digital Inclusion means incorporating information technologies into the community; digital inclusion projects that aim to provide individuals and communities access to information and communication technologies (ICT).
Education means to acquire general knowledge to be able to lead a life. When we refer to education we think about ‘classical education’ - look at providing access to primary, secondary and tertiary education for children, caregivers and communities.
Business Entrepreneurship means to provide support & information to individuals (entrepreneurs) who are starting, maintaining and/or seeking to boost their small to medium-sized business. Is includes empowering women entrepreneurs helping to lift families out of poverty.
- Will have a great social impact –provide genuine solutions to problems faced by society and have the potential to improve lives directly or indirectly, especially the lives of children.
- Are scalable – have the potential to change the lives of many people nationally, regionally or even globally.
- Can be financially sustainable – the social enterprise and business model is financially self-sustainable.
- Can be system-changing – social enterprises that can solve society’s issues in a big way and in the long term
Get the organizational funding and coaching you need from our Incubator program to develop and scale your digital innovation to transform Tanzanian lives!
Find a Cause, Make a Change.
Our Previous Winners
Majengo Kids Youth & Technology School - 2012
Gabriella Centre - 2012
Graphogame Tanzania - 2013
Shule Direct - 2013
Apps & Girls - 2013
Innocent J Sulle
My Little Travelling Library - 2014
Edward Simon Bihaga
Umoja wa Wawezeshaji -2015
Afya Slices - 2015